SAC vs Automobile Club de France
On Saturday 30th September, the SAC Snooker Team successfully played their return match against the Automobile Club de France at the Club. Four doubles matches were played in a pleasant and passionate atmosphere. SAC won all four of them for a decisive victory against ACF. The Snooker Section would like to thank Mario, the manager and the staff for organising a delicious lunch to welcome our friends from the ACF opposing team.
Read the whole article and see photos at Snooker - SAC vs ACF.
End of the season report
The 2017 Junior Cricket season finished on Saturday with the traditional Parents vs Kids and Dads vs Lads matches. In the well-attended Parents vs Kids match, kids played brilliantly. Stung by the result of this match, the Dads came out swinging in the second match. Read the whole match report here.
Many thanks to all the parents who helped out throughout the season, and for the enthusiasm and commitment of your children that make this such an enjoyable activity to run.
The 2018 season will start next May, but before then LFP Morangis have challenged the U16s to an indoor cricket match in the gymnasium they will be training in all winter. SAC cricketers plan to accept their challenge.
Step, sculpt and core
We currently have openings in the following classes:
- Mondays: Step, Sculpt and Core at 10.00 am - 40 minutes of step aerobics with 40 minutes of resistance training. This group class is designed to kickstart your metabolism and keep the calories burning long after your workouts.
- Wednesdays: Pilates Mat level 1 at 2.00 pm and Pilates Mat levels 2 & 3 at 3.15 pm - These Mat classes take place in a group setting using your body weight as the primary source of resistance. The focus is placed on precise movements originating from the centre or core of your body. Working from the deepest layers of muscles, which stabilise and support your spine and pelvis, resulting in a strong, flexible spine with ideal posture and unparalleled muscle tone.
- The Saturday classes are currently full, but we are looking at the possibility of a Friday 1.00 pm class to compensate. Contact Pam if interested.
Check the Fitness Page for our full schedule or contact Pam for any additional information.
Bootcamp classes on Saturday at 2.00 pm. All fitness levels and ages 12 + welcome to enjoy those burpees, squats and sit-ups! For additional information check the Fitness Page or contact Chris.
Sunday 8th - Season Opener
This Sunday, 8th October at 10 o'clock at the club we'll have the first game of the adult football season (against Belle Ile).
All players welcome. And all levels of fitness and skill!
If you're interested, please send an email to Laurent Brault at
Thursday Football Training
Don't forget that training started at the beginning of September and takes place every Thursday at 20:45 in a new stadium:
Centre Sportif Léon Biancotto,
6, avenue de la Porte de Clichy
(Métro Porte de Clichy, ligne 13).
Great fun and definitely worth a try.
Sunday Games in October
The next Sunday games this month are :
- Sunday 15th October against 562FC, a veterans' team from Manchester (average age 45) coming for a 4-day trip to Paris
- Sunday 22nd October against Los Pipos
All children's activities are in full swing.
...for 8-14-year-old kids started last Saturday and will continue this Saturday again at 4 pm in the bridge room. Contact Tarja for more information.
Toussaint Tennis Camps
(Please note that this notice corrects errors in the dates for the second week that you may have seen previously...)
The camps will run from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the week of 23rd to 27th October, then the 30th and 31st October, and the 2nd and 3rd November.
Prices are 220€ per week / 50€ per day for 6- to 9-year-olds, and 240€ per week / 50€ per day for teens (10-17). Please register by sending an email to Menye at .
There will be NO Yoga class this coming Thursday 5th and Saturday 7th of October. (Monica is running a 'stage' in Corsica)
Classes during school holidays depend on demand. Please contact Monica at
Regular class are:
Wednesday mornings from 9.30am - 11.00am
Thursday mornings from 9.30am - 11.00am
Saturday afternoons from 2.00pm - 3.30pm
Events this week
Brian Jupp Talk on Claude Debussy
Brian Jupp, Musicologist from Farnborough, will give a talk on Claude Debussy at the Standard Athletic Club this Friday, October 6th from 6.30 pm to 8 pm. Philippe Fene will interpret pieces from Claude Debussy’s repertoire, notably the famous Claire de Lune (1905) and The Little Negro (1908), the composer’s first foray into American folk music well before the arrival of American soldiers towards the end of the First World War (1917).
Dinner will be available after the lecture - 15€ for members and 20€ for non-members. Reservation (required) and payment to Amber at the Bar.
For additional information, check the SAC website.